The 2013 show: TBA
NBBKA holds and annual honey show with several classes.
The show is usually held at the
Wyevale Garden Centre, Woburn Sands (NB: not the 2012 show!) and comes under
BBKA Honey Show Rules.
Photos and results from past shows:
2012 honey show
2011 honey show
2010 honey show
Entries may be staged up to 10.45 am on the day of the show, a Saturday in Autumn.
They will stay on show all Saturday and Sunday. Exhibition dismantled, removed and
cups presented at 4.00 pm on the Sunday.
Open to all members of the Association.
All honey and wax to be produce of competitor's own bees. There is an entry fee
of 20 pence per class with the exception of novice classes (nos. 23, 24 and 25)
and the Gift Honey class (no. 8). There is no prize money. Only one award allowed
per entrant in any one class.
A novice is any person who has not previously won a first prize in a Show under
National Honey Show, BBKA or similar rules. (Note: you may still enter novice classes
if you came second) Joint owners may make multiple entries but will only be allowed
one placing in any one class.
- Clara Furness Award - Highest points total for wax and mead, classes
12 to 15 and 19 to 21
- Albert Toms Shield - highest points total in the open honey classes
excluding any class for which a specific award is made. Since 2004 this shield is
for classes 1 to 8
- BW Apiary Cup - winner of class 9, six jars as for sale.
- Plaque - winner of class 16, fruit cake
- Arthur Foreman Cup - highest total points in novice classes
- BBKA Blue Ribbon - best exhibit in the show (only if entries total